Saturday, December 17, 2016

Rename Item (or) Update Item UOM

Renaming the item (or) part number is a very key requirement in any of the Oracle EBS Implementation.
Let's take an example of defining an item accidentally with a wrong Unit of Measure(UOM).
As per standard functionality, you cannot edit or update an Item's UOM once it is defined. Now let's taken a Part #  WM100 which is defined with wrong UOM. The workaround for this issue is renaming the existing item to some 'XXXWM100' and make it 'Inactive'. Now create a new item with correct UOM and retain the original part # i.e., WM100.

Now let's see how to achieve this with step-by-step explanation :



1. Create Item WM100 with Primary UOM as Kilogram



2. Now Navigate to System Adminstrator (R) > Profile > System and update the the value of profile ‘INV: Updateable Item name’ to 'Yes' at responsibility level






3. Now the system allows you to rename the item from 'Inventory' responsibility as shown below.





4. Create a new item with original name and enter the correct UOM.























9 comments:

  1. THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION .HI GUYS IF YOU SEARCHING FOR Website designing in Bangalore

    PLEASE VISIT US
    Website designing in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent blog I visit this blog it's extremely wonderful. Interestingly, in this blog content composed plainly and reasonable. The substance of data is useful.
    Workday Online Training
    Oracle Fusion HCM Online Training
    Oracle Fusion SCM Online Training
    Oracle Fusion Financials Online Training
    Big Data and Hadoop Training In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exceptional post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Kudos! reefer for sale


    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. appreciate it. shipping container sizes

    ReplyDelete

  6. Those guidelines additionally worked to become a good way to recognize that other people online have the identical fervor like mine to grasp a great deal more around this condition. and I could assume you are an expert on this subject. Same as your blog i found another one Oracle Fusion Financials.Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for Oracle Financials Cloud and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this blog. The content is beneficial and useful. Very informative post. Visit here to learn more about Data Warehousing companies and Data analytics Companies. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks once more for all the details.Visit here for Top Big Data Companies.

    ReplyDelete