Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Local Timezone Setting

Oracle EBS includes as standard a feature called User-Preferred Time Zone Support. In general, all users interact with the system in the “corporate time zone”, which will normally be the time zone of the headquarters of the client, and the time zone in which the database runs. The client may have their presence in other countries with different timezone such as India, England etc. whose timezone is different from corporate timezone.

Employing the user-preferred time zone feature enables users to specify their local time zone for both display and entry of date-with-time fields.

Key benefits :
  • Users see date-with-time fields in their preferred (local) time zone, and can enter dates with time in this time zone
  • Date fields without a time component are not affected by this feature
  • The data in the database continues to be stored in the standard corporate time zone

For user-preferred time zone support to operate correctly, all of the following must be true:

  • Profile option 'Server Timezone' must be set at site level, and must be set to the same standard corporate time zone as the database. I am setting this up to EST/Eastern Timezone
  • Profile option 'Enable Timezone Conversions' must be set to 'Yes' (or 'Y') at site level
  • Profile option 'Client Timezone'  must be set at user level. This is applicable to Oracle Forms based UIs. For example, I have set here Client Timezone to IST/India Timezone
  • Profile 'Concurrent: Multiple Time Zones'  must be set to 'No' at the site level
  • Preference ‘Timezone’ must be set at user level. This is applicable to HTML based UIs. To set this up, you need login in the browser and click 'Preferences' and set the Timezone to 'IST' as shown below.


4 comments:

  1. Excellent blog I visit this blog it's really awesome. The important thing is that in this blog content written clearly and understandable. The content of information is very informative.
    Oracle Fusion SCM Online Training
    Oracle Fusion HCM Online Training
    Oracle Fusion Financials Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
    40 high cube container for sale

    ReplyDelete