Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pull Replenishment

Today We discuss about one of the latest advanced feature introduced in Oracle R12 Warehouse Management System. 

Pull Replenishment: A replenishment suggestion is auto-created as soon as a shortfall is detected during the order release process. This type of replenishment is useful for items with high uniform demand in forward pick areas. Pull Replenishment improves productivity and reduce pick area stock outs. Automated replenishment of pick area happens based on order demand and min-max quantities.

  • Initiated by the Pick Release process
  • Pick release will spawn a new concurrent request named ‘Pull Replenishment’ (if replenishment is needed)
  • A new concurrent program has been created for this functionality.


Created a pick rule such that all the picking activity happens from CASE subinventory(forward pick area in this example) as shown below.



Attached the new rule to workbench.


Make sure that there is no quantity available in forward pick area.

Query for our item in Material workbench.


No quantity is available for our test item 'REP100' as shown below.


Define Min-Max detail for 'REP100' in CASE(Forward Pick area) subinventory.


Defined Sourcing detail as follows :
Source Type : Subinventory
Subinventory : BULK


Make sure that Picking UOM is properly defined at subinventory level for Forward Pick area.


Do pickrelease of the sales order which looks for quantity in CASE(Forward Pick Area) where there is no quantity available for REP100. In general, the sales order gets backordered in this scenario.


As we don't want stock out to happen in our organization, I have chosen Pull Replenishment option as 'Yes' as shown below. 


Go to Shipping Transactions Form to see the result. The Line Status has been changed to 'Replenishment Requested' which confirms that our Pull Replenishment setups are correct and working as expected.


Navigate to WMS Control Board to see the Replenishment Task which got created between BULK area to CASE(Forward Pick Area) as shown below.


Complete the Task in Mobile as shown below.



Now choose 'Replenishment Completed' option in Orders drop down in 'Release Sales Order' form as shown below to make sure that pick release happens only for the lines for which replenishment is completed.


Select all other relevant detail as per your business in Inventory and Shipping Tabs.

Once pick release program completes successfully, Please navigate to Shipping Transactions form to see the Line Status to 'Released to Warehouse'.


Hope the Blog is informative and answers many of your puzzling questions about Pull Replenishment.

9 comments:

  1. Please i have a question...The Replenishment dont respect the Lot in Order Line Reservations? When execute the Pick Replenishment, the system create Move Orders with other Lots...tks...mamvieira@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. Can you please send me the detailed document to surya@oratutor.in and I will send you the solution/workaround.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happens if you don't have enough space in pick face, will it still generate the move order to replenish stock or will it back order?

      Delete
  6. Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa? My website covers a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!
    storage container for sale

    ReplyDelete
  7. My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post's to be exactly I'm looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content in your case? I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write with regards to here. Again, awesome website!
    40 high cube container for sale

    ReplyDelete